Sunday, April 20, 2008

Arbitrary Gestures

Today's Adventures:

Hair cut - Same as always, but my dyed, then bleached hair looked very strange as it was getting swept up off the floor. Like the mane of a baby lion.

Change Cell Phone plan - The year was up, I went in, got unlimited texting, and got me a chocolate. It's definitely the coolest phone I've ever had, and the one with the most appetizing name (way better than VX6895, blegh).

Shopping - Needed a few things. Dishwasher detergent, paper towels, cat food. What a difference some Jet Dry in the dishwasher makes, too. Oh and I picked up I Am America and So Can You as a book on CD, so that'll be good to keep the trend after Death in the Afternoon.

Writing - Dear readers, I stumbled in my pursuit. Friday I consciously decided to "take a day off," and then last night I just planned poorly and was too tired when I got home to really get out anything good. Both of these were mistakes. So today I'm doing a 3000 word marathon. I'm about half way thru and I like the results so far.

Discovery - Adventure Alaska or Alaska week or something starts at 9 on the Discovery channel and I love Alaska and want to watch it, so we'll see if I can't get the writing done before then.

Birds - April showers bring floods, and what do floods do? Kill birds. To help combat that, I've refilled the bird feeder I hung outside my window last spring. The Professor is enjoying crackelingly meowing at the patrons.

Tomorrow - Grind grind grind the pieces of my soul away. My first of five flights is on Thursday. I'm anxious to get out of that place.

Cheerio.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

please tell me you got the hot pink chocolate as pictured. I myself purchases the LG Blue Ice chocolate on Thursday... the same day my dad purchased the black chocolate. Good luck writing.

Racheliswicked said...

If you get the chance, you need to take a picture/tape The Pro "viciously" assaulting those birds with his crazy cat chatter. Also, don't forget a puke bag, lots of food, and you might as well dope up on as many pain killers as possible for Thursday because the fury of the iniquitous military jet will be upon you. It is, at least, the bane of my existence....

NanAZ said...

I can't wait to hear about your flights. I hope they move along quickly once they get started.