Monday, June 23, 2008

Crumpet

Dreary dreary. My cat puked twice the last night. I had to get up and clean it at like 1 am and 6 pm. You can hear when he starts heaving, and then I get up and grab it with some paper towels and spray it with carpet stuff.

Dear past. I have to sensor myself on my blog. I've been writing though. And some good stuff has come out. Gooooood stuff. I just write without thinking. Like splattering paint on a canvas, it just spills out. Creativity is just about making things that come to mind - and then the sensor portion afterward. But that's easy isn't it? We're all our worst critic. The hard is the creating.

Creation is an act of sheer will, said someone whose name I think was Hammond in a Michael Crichton novel. Or maybe it was just the movie Jurassic Park. I read that book in like 4th grade, and wanted to be a paleontologist like every 4th grader around that time. Then I discovered that just like Indiana Jones doesn't spend his working days running away from giant rolling stone balls, so paleontologists also don't fight real life dinosaurs.

Turpentine. Blastysis, and dearmo.

2 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

disappointing, isn't it?

when i was growing up, i wanted to be anne of green gables and scarlet o'hara.

NanAZ said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're writing. We'd love to see some when you get to the point of wanting to share.

I loved those days of Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park and Robin Hood too. You have always had quite the imagination!

Hey, have you seen Shawn's latest post? It's quite funny.

http://timeturnsfragile.blogspot.com/