Saturday, August 2, 2008

To Embellish


I suppose it's high time for a post about my life, mainly for my mother and my sister - my mother, who I haven't called in a while, and my sister likewise. The thing about this job is you can only say so much, and then that sort of bleeds in to the rest of your life, like mud spreads. And all of the sudden your life is a gray mesh of classified information.

This is where I am.

I moved to a new squadron. So far I've been made to go on to a shift that's nights...which is awesome...but that includes a 4 hour shift on Saturday - which is decidedly not so. And I was volentold to do some duty at 6 am on a saturday. And I took part in a squadron-wide piss test in order to root our columbian drug lords or some other such nonsense. Welcome!

I hate it.

I'm trying to not be so negative. I remembered, from some previous "I can't talk about this" sort of training, that I had a nervous smile. I don't think I have that anymore. I have a nervous frown, and a calm frown, and a happy frown. Let's not go that far, but we're getting there. I tend to complain. I tend to whine. I should stop that, but then I'm looking for something really good - really good in my life. There are plenty of things I just have to grab hold of and shake and squirm like one of those tube blob things you can't really get a hold of. I'd rather not explain.

Otherwise...not much.

I read less, I write less. Here is a hilight. I'm taking drum lessons and practicing a lot. I've wanted to do this since I was young, but then, we always had guitars around. I play my electronic set and I do drills and etc. It's not ideal, but it's a light, for sure.

Side note. I remember when I used to go to church, in high school, in youth group...we were trying to come up with a new name for the youth group, rather that YOTM - Youth on the Move. My suggestion was B.U.T.T.E.R - Bound Undeniably To The Everlasting Rock. The one that ended up getting voted in to power was Luce or Luchay. The Italian word for light. Pronounced Loo-chay. It wasn't universally accepted. So a few of us painted the podium to say stuff about butter, and had verses about butter, etc. I really enjoyed that time.

Butter.

I'm trying to spend time with people, and I'm getting back in to creativity - being interesting - transcending. There are definitely bright points in my world.

5 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

yes, but the brightest point is next March 1 when you move back to SoCal.

P.S. if only my pics of you as Butter for that Halloween were get-at-able.

xo

Maeg O'Donoghue-Williams Sukarwanto said...

wasn't that in high school? I think I have a picture of that somewhere. It was the same year I was Japan.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kevin,
It sounds like you are trying to fill your life with useful things until you get out. That's good. I hope the time goes by fast for you.

Anonymous said...

I would've voted for B.U.T.T.E.R.

Peace.

NanAZ said...

I loved when you were "butter" for Halloween. I love your creativity. I hope you have time to continue to cultivate it while you're there. When I have a chance, I'll try to find a picture of your costume. I'm planning to do a scrapbook of you and Amy in all your costumes, whether Halloween or from shows or plays, they were all so much fun.

Miss you. Sorry that things are so uninspiring for you. Praying for you always.