Thursday, February 1, 2007

There's a Hole in my Bucket

Dear Liza Dear Liza

I realize I've been tagged to talk about my weird things...and I may still...I've gotta think of some.

Otherwise, I'm leaving tomorrow to drive Erin's stuff to Cali, then drive to Phoenix. The only part I'm worried about with driving that big truck is just the snow here and maybe some snow I'll hit in Coloradoish, cause I don't think rental places give you chains or even allow you to put on your own.

It's 22 hours. I'm leaving friday afternoon and want to get to Santa Clarita by Monday. I don't think it'll be a problem. I drove 15 hours straigh after being awake all night the night before. So hopefully I can get to Phoenix on Tuesday if not late on Monday, then I'm leaving Friday again.

Sort of anticlimactic after the going away party, but I'm planning on just eating cheese in my parents garage the whole time I'm there, so no worries about awkwardness with seeing anyone.

Also the Professor's finally getting better. The snot sort of transfered to his eye, which is gross. At first it was just clear goo coming out, of his eye, but then it changed to the green and yellow stuff and it made his eyes swell - i'm thinking it's like when your nose drains at night and you wake up with a sore throat...except it's his eye. Blegh.

Also I went into an airforce clinic to get my shot records and I was due for a flu shot so they gave me that. The first year we got them I was real excited that I wouldn't get a cold then. But every time I've gotten them they've CAUSED me to get a cold. So I'm drinking plenty of fluids and I went ahead and slept late, just to stay healthy, you know.

6 comments:

NanAZ said...

So what happens to the professor while you're gone?

When do you hope to get to Phx? You're not going to be in our garage. The guest room is all ready!

You may want to take a more southern route to miss the mountains (not fun with a truck) and the snow (even more NOT fun).

Looks like you could go south then across through Amarillo and Albuquerque, etc...probably less likelihood for snow that way.

Amy T Schubert said...

So glad you're going to be here!!! And I don't have a job so we can hang out every day!!!! unless that cuts into your cheese-time ...

Miranda said...

thanks for the heads up with the visit... I thought we were friends. I will hope to see you sometime while you're here... tell Amy to invite me over or something. I'll have evenings pretty much free

Lisa said...

do you honestly think you'll be able to be in phoenix without seeing EVERYONE???? somehow I don't think your family will let that happen.... :)

Anonymous said...

go to amarillo and take the 10. it should be a lot safer.

Anonymous said...

Me thinks a re-release party may be in order. considering nothing actually got released at the first party. I'll get Shawn on it.