Sunday, July 22, 2007

Scar


Well, I finally finished it. I'm a slow reader I guess. It's taken me most of 2 days to actually finish it, but I of course enjoyed it immensely.

It was not nearly as light hearted as the rest of the books, probably due to the subject matter - and it's quite a bit different from the other books too.

I thought it had been ruined for me by some stuff I overheard but nothing of it was significant, though when one of the things I had overheard was confirmed I was kind of stressed the other stuff would be too. But I was right in some of my predictions too - namely, which of the main characters would die. I thought that one of their deaths would be in a different manner than it was though, but oh well.

I wonder what JK Rowling's gonna do now...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's got an idea about a boy and something about science or astronomy, from what I've heard. Another coming of age tale, which sounds like something she's aces at.

Who died? I'm not reading them, you know.

NanAZ said...

I'm glad you got through it. Dad and I were talking about how we've NEVER seen a set of book that have been so anticipated and something where people schedule their lives around reading them the first day they come out. Isn't it a let down when they're done? Especially now that you know that there may not be another one?

Amy T Schubert said...

don't you think dad should read it? we know mom doesn't read ...