Monday, January 15, 2007

Alright

Alright, this is the blog, forgive me for not posting more, the official ribbon-cutting wasn't slotted until second quarter '07 but it appears there's been some leakage despite my best efforts to disguise the name.

I just got internet here, Cox, and I have cable TV which is useless until a TV arrives wednesday. So in the living room of my one bedroom apartment there is: an internet modem and a stack of dvds. Otherwise the walls are white and the carpet is a tan - new carpet so, niiiiice. Using Renuzits I'm trying to infuse the carpet with the smell of vanilla instead of the cigarettes and soup aroma that permeates the hallway.

I heard my neighbors through the wall several times and thought they were speaking an asian languge. Not chinese - something like viatnamese or someatt. Then I hear them leaving their door this morning so I rush to the peephole to see what race they are, so that I can determine whether I should install more locks on the door, and some black people come out. Not only that, the woman was wearing one of those really colorful wraps. So I think I have somalian refugees living next door, and I'm thinking of reporting them unless I recieve donations of at least $20,000 in the next month.

This is what my apartment looks like from space. I'm in the middle "I" shaped building, in the top left part. My apartment is halfway below ground so it's protected from alien mind rays, tornados, etc.

5 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

what kind of soup?

You're funny ... i hope you keep this up ...

xo

Miranda said...

why is it always a race thing with you.

I am glad you have a dvd collection to keep you company until more furniture arrives.

Kirby said...

You may want to consider a home security system...

NanAZ said...

So now you have another new language to learn.

Maybe you should try Fabreze to get the smell out...or ask the apartment folks if they have any deoderizer that they could spray in there.

You really need to get a camera so you can take pictures of everything.

linda t said...

hey, my cousin Brian lives is Omaha.
Do you want to meet him? He's the nicest guy ever!
We have started emailing... he reads my blog and it's been sooo good to hook up after sooo many years with no contact.
I agree with nancy... we want pics... LOTS of pics!