Friday, January 26, 2007

College

So on March 1st I'll be halfway thru my military soirée, and I'm thinkin I'm not gonna re-sign (though there are definitely perks to the military. For instance, one of the belts in my car has been squealing at me, and even occasionally smelling like burning, and also my windshield wiper fluid wasn't coming out. So I took it to the on base mechanic, and they fixed both, and guess how much it cost. EIGHTEEN DOLLARS!! I've NEVER ever spent anything near that little to fix ANYTHING in my car. It's hard to even get an oil change that cheap! Anyway...) . So I'm gonna take advantage of the GI Bill and I want to go to school as soon as I get out...probably the fall or summer of 2009. How early ahead do you need to apply? I've been looking at different schools, but should I start applying for scholarships and what not NOW? Anybody have any input?

6 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

probably the earliest you can apply for the school (for Fall 2009) would be Nov 2008 ... latest (depending on the school) would be about March 2009... so you have plenty of time to decide where ...

USNews does a thing every year on the best schools in the country, and you can sort by department/location/$/etc ...

NanAZ said...

If your training schedule allows, you should start NOW. The Air Force will pay for it all, right? You could probably at least do some online classes and get some of your Gen Ed out of the way. That will give you a head start and save you money in the long run. Besides, the acceptance rate is much better going in as a 2nd or 3rd year student than as a freshman.

Miranda said...

hm... getting your car fixed cheap, free college, and killing iraqi babies... Air Force has everything ;) I say ASU is the place for you (that even rhymed). Remember, we'll be old college students together!

Lisa said...

you should really add me to your "others" list...I'm a little sad...

Kevun said...

done

Anonymous said...

Well there is a little place called arizona and they have lots of schools, Im just saying.