Thursday, January 18, 2007

The TV


I had some of the guys over tonight to watch the Office, so we cleared out the living room and hooked up the tv. You'll notice the Professor there again. They left pretty soon after it was over, and I flipped through the channels. I think watching TV while not doing anything else makes me kind of sad, I don't know why. Right now it makes me feel sort of lonely I think, cause it's such a false kind of socializing. It seems like it fills up your mind but it's pretty thin as far as what it gives you. Also, there was nothing good on, and since the remote is still buried in a box somewhere, I ended up watching an MTV "Duel" marathon. Maybe it's just that that was depressing...

3 comments:

Miranda said...

you should scrapbook... ;-) it is fun and artistic, and preserving memories at the same time... or you could write... or you could paint... your cat looks sweet and your place looks nice... congrats!

Amy T Schubert said...

you should journal for your sister's scrapbook page ...

I find TV depressing too ... I mean aside from the Office and Suns games ... that's why we don't pay for cable -- why spend $ to do something that bums you out ...

Are you keeping that couch?

NanAZ said...

I think living alone is a huge adjustment after always having someone else in the house your whole life...God created us to be creatures who need each other. And you especially have the need for other people. That's why we feel empty when we're alone.

...and TV is pretty mindless. There are a few good shows out there, but overall, not worth watching. When I watch it's my way of just vegging, when I'm too tired to make my mind work on other things.